Bulldog Update April 12, 2018
April showers bring May flowers…
With all the rain we have had lately I sure hope this is true! We need some sunshine…
Vaisakhi is April 14th but here at TE Scott we are celebrating tomorrow. We are encouraging all students and staff to dress up in clothing that represents your family culture. Vaisakhi marks the birth of the Sikh faith, the creation of the Khalsa and pays tribute to the beginning of the Punjabi harvest.
In 2018 the Surrey Vaisakhi Parade takes place on Saturday, April 21st. Leading up to that weekend, every day between April 12th and the 22nd (except for the Monday), a carnival with a midway and amusement also rides takes places at the festival venue.
Surrey Parade and Festival
Also known as the Surrey Khalsa Day Parade, the Surrey Vaisakhi Parade is in fact one of the largest of its kind in the world – outside the Punjab – and a must-see experience for Vancouverites.
The Surrey Vaisakhi Festival is certainly not an event just for people of East Indian and Sikh backgrounds – it’s an amazing event for everyone!
To all of our Sikh families, we wish you a very “Happy Vaisakhi. May Wahe Guruji accept your good deeds, bring all the years full of love and contentment.”
- Our PAC is busy with our Chocolate Almond fundraiser. Our students and families are selling these chocolates fast. Thank you to everyone who is involved. The organization alone is a huge time commitment. Thank you to our community for supporting and buying this yummy chocolate. Keep selling – you have until April 26 to return your money to the school.
- Did you see the Birdie? Our Badminton Teams have been working hard on their skills. Thank you to our coaches for giving our athletes this opportunity.
Students DRESS for Success! With the warmer weather fast approaching it is a great time to review appropriate clothing for school … Common sense is the key to student dress… Remember beach clothing is for the beach … please come to school dressed for learning, comfortable clothing that also allows for movement on the playground.
Dates to Remember:
- 13 – Vaisakhi Celebration – dress up to celebrate your culture
- 13 – Grade 7 HORNET Day at Frank Hurt
- 20 – Earth Day Assembly
- 25 – Interim Report Cards / Student led conferences beginning at 2:30pm
- 26 – Grade 6 Immunizations
- 27 – Class and Panorama Photographs
- 27 – PAC Hot Lunch
- 4 – Pro D – no school for students
- 8 – READY SET LEARN for 3 and 4 year olds
- 9 – Intermediate Speechfest Semi Finals
- 10 – Speechfest Finals
- 11 – Spirit Day – wear a hat!
- 14 – 16 Grade 7 Camp
- 28 – Pro D – no school for students