Bulldog Update February 9th, 2018
Important Dates to Remember coming up…
- 12 – Family Day – no school Monday
- 13 – 15… ZUMBA lessons for all students
- 14 – Pink, Purple and Red Day… Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 16 – Non instructional day – no School for students Friday
- 23 – PAC Hot Lunch – Little Caesars
- 28 – Pink Day … Choose Kindness Assembly 10:40 – 11:30am
- 28 – Choir Sings at Bell Centre noon
- 28 – Boys Basketball Playday
- 1 – Girls Basketball Playday
- 7 & 8 – Kindergarten vision and hearing screening
- 13 – PALS session #3
- 16 – Last day of school before spring break
- 19 – April 2 – spring break
Zumba is coming to TE Scott …
Next week, February 13 thru February 15, all TE Scott students will be participating in ZUMBA classes. It’ s a crazy-cool dance-fitness workout set to hip hop, salsa and reggae music. ZUMBA promotes activity, movement, coordination, posture and body awareness. Coach Nathalie will be here to instruct us all next week. Remember to ask your kids to show you some of their new moves! Zumba lessons are being paid for by our PAC. Thank you for giving TE Scott students this super-fun action packed opportunity!
Our basketball teams have been in action over the past few weeks playing both home and away games. We look forward to the remainder of the season and the District Playdays. Our Boys Playday will be hosted at our school on February 28th. The Girls will have their Playday March 1st (location to be announced later!).
Pink Shirt Day
The National Bullying Stops Here Event is happening on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Anti-Bullying Day evolved from an incident when a boy was verbally abused by his peers for wearing pink. Two grade 12 students stepped in to protect him. By wearing PINK, these students let the others know that there is no place for bullying. This year our theme is Choose Kindness! We encourage all students at TE Scott to wear PINK on Wednesday, February 28th and show their commitment by Choosing Kindness everyday! Many students and classes will be performing at our “Choose Kindness Assembly.” Everyone is welcome to join us on February 28th 10:40 – 11:30 for our Choose Kindness Assembly… remember to wear PINK!
LOST and FOUND
There are many, many clothing items in our lost and found, which is now located across from the Gym entrance doors. Please encourage your child to look for their lost coats, jackets and other pieces of clothing. Parents/Guardians are welcome to come to retrieve lost items. Unfortunately, we do not have space to store the lost and found items. Any unclaimed clothing will be donated to others at the end of February.
SCHOOL LINK – DISTRICT MOBILE APP
The official FREE District mobile app called “School Link” for Apple or Android phones provides news, announcements, alerts, school closure reminders, urgent notifications, contact information and featured stories from the District and schools you choose. The app keeps you up to date with the schools that are important to you.
Spirit Day February 14th Valentine’s Day!
GIVING OUR STUDENTS THE BEST CHANCE TO LEARN
School success is based on the students’ ability to be ready for learning: to be ready to fully engage in the activities and experiences that our amazing teachers prepare each day. To be ready for learning, students need to:
- Be on time for school so that they do not miss out on the vital transitions to the school day, social time and the sharing of the day’s expectations and goals; the research is clear that students who are late to school have significantly increased rates of school failure and dropout later in life, the patterns and expectations they live up to today impact the future
- Be at school every day to ensure they do not miss critical learning and find themselves in a state of perpetual ‘catch up” and disconnectedness
- Be well rested and fed (10-11 hours of sleep a night for students ages 5-12)
Thank you for your support at home to help students be ready for learning each day!