From our Sports Desk…
Track and Field Season is underway and our athletes are training hard. We are thrilled that over 40 of our students from grades 3 – 7 will be participating in the Barry Morley Surrey Elementary Schools Annual Track Meet on Tuesday, June 7th at Bear Creek Park. Thank you to Head Coach and organizer Mr. Mattoo and to all of our staff who have helped our athletes prepare. Please come out and cheer on our athletes! You will find our school easily by seeing our new banner at the Track Meet!
Parent Appreciation Celebration … next week
Parents please join us for tea and sweets on June 9th from 11:45 – 12:30 in our Library. Our Talent Show will follow this event.
Got Talent We Do!
There will be singing, dancing and playing of musical instruments. Come and enjoy the many hidden talents showcased by our TE Scott students on Thursday, June 9th . Our Talent Show will begin at 12:30; directly after our Parent Appreciation Celebration. Everyone is welcome!
Each of our 8 Speechfest Finalists gave an outstanding effort when delivering their speeches at our recent Speechfest 2016 Event. Congratulations go out to:
Gurshawn Batth ~ Paris
Patrick Mgbiri ~ Free Universal Education
Sumanvir Pandher ~ Why Animal Rights Should Be Protected
Sukhryan Khosa ~ The Golden Temple
Barleen Pandher ~ Why Kids Should Do Chores
Salman Hashir ~ Nature vs Nurture
Harkirat Sanghera ~ Vending Machines in School
Julia Madayag ~ Why You Should Embrace Your Flaws
From this elite group our judges awarded …
Julia Madayag – First Place
Gurshawn Batth – Second Place
Barleen Pandher – Third Place
Special Thank you to our judges:
Ms. Diana Ellis – former Vice Principal at TE Scott now VP at Old Yale Road
Ms. Jeni Thom – former teacher at TE Scott
Mr. Kevin Fadum – District Principal Human Resources
September Kindergarten Kids!
Kindergarten Registration for September, 2016 began in early January. If you haven’t registered your Kindergarten age child, please bring your child’s birth certificate, proof of citizenship for your child and yourself, proof of guardianship, and proof of residence (ie: hydro or gas bill).
Important Calendar Dates for 2016 – 2017
- September 6 ~ School begins 10:00 – 11:00
- September 26 ~ Pro Day ~ non instructional day (No School)
- October 10 ~ Thanksgiving Day (No School)
- October 19 ~ Interim Report #1
- October 21 ~ Pro Day ~ non instructional day (No School)
- November 4 ~ Pro Day ~ non instructional day (No School)
- November 10 ~ Pro Day non instructional day (No School)
- November 11 ~ Remembrance Day (No School)
- November 17 ~ Early Dismissal 1:30pm – Curriculum Collaboration
- December 5 – 9 Formal Report #1
- December 13 ~ Early Dismissal 1:30pm Parent Teacher Conferences
- Schools Close for Winter Break – December 19 – January 2
- January 3 – Schools reopen
- February 13 ~ Family Day (No School)
- February 17 ~ Pro – Day – non instructional day (No School)
- February 22 ~ Early Dismissal 1:30pm – Curriculum Collaboration
- March 6 – 10 ~ Formal Report #2
- Spring Break ~ March 13 – 24
- Schools reopen ~ March 27
- Good Friday ~ April 14 (No School)
- Easter Monday ~ April 17 (No School)
- April 26 ~ Interim Report #2 – Student Led Conferences
- May 5 ~ Pro Day non instructional day (No School)
- May 22 ~ Victoria Day (No School)
- May 29 ~ Pro Day – non instructional day (No School)
- June 29 ~ Last Day Early Dismissal 1:30pm Formal Report #3
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- June 30 ~ Administrative Day
- June 30 ~ Schools Close
Please note… NEW Bell Schedule…
Starting in September 2016
8:30 Welcome Bell
8:35 Classes begin
10:15 – 10:30 Recess
11:45 – 12:30 Lunch
School Fees 2016 – 2017
Each school year, parents support their child(ren)’s formal learning experiences in a wide variety of ways. We so appreciate all that you do to ensure a successful year!
In addition to providing the school supplies itemized on a grade list, parents are periodically asked for monies to cover specific items and/or special events. No student will be denied the opportunity to participate in any school activity due to the inability to pay. Please contact the Principal should you require any financial assistance.
As we plan for the upcoming school year, we anticipate the following costs:
Student Planner: We encourage all students in Grades 1-7 to purchase a School Planner at a cost of $5.00. Included in the planner is our school code of conduct, school calendar and school district information. We find this to be an excellent tool for facilitating home/school communication, as well as for developing our students’ organizational skills. However, using our school planner is optional as a parent may purchase their own version.
Field Studies and Field Trips: Classes often enjoy educational visits to community facilities which extend and enhance the curriculum. While we use school monies or fundraise to cover the costs of such activities wherever possible, there are times when parents are asked to contribute towards the cost of the trip. If you choose to have your child not participate in a field study, a suitable program will be provided at the school.
Ordering thru School Start… coming soon…
Parents of grade 1 – 7 students have the option of purchasing their child’s school supplies on their own utilizing the grade supply list or for your convenience you may wish to purchase supplies as a package through School Start. Payment is made directly to School Start. Costs for supplies vary based on grade. This information will be sent home soon.
*NEW* Bulldog Newsletter Riddle? Parents Win a Prize…
For our Parents… What has to be broken before you can use it? Hmmmm…. Parents, on a piece of paper send in your guess with your child by Monday, June 6th . Make sure your child’s name and grade is on it… there will be a prize draw for each grade……. good luck!
For TE Scott Staff this is your riddle and again there will be a prize... Everyone has it and no one can lose it, what is it? Have a guess? please reply by email by Monday …
PAC News 2015 – 2016
Our TE Scott PAC works very hard and contributes to student learning at our school in many valuable ways. Most recently, you, our parents, have purchased 7 new Macbook Air laptops for our students. Thank you for all of your fundraising efforts, our students benefit in so many ways form your hard work and generosity. This year our PAC has been led by an outstanding executive:
President – Dal Dhillon
Vice President – Lisa Dhesi
Treasurer – Reno Sihota
Secretary – Nancy Bahia
Hot Lunch – Kuldeep Manhas
Fundraiser – Gurpreet Kahlon
Fundraiser – Sheila Dunn
As always… Thank you to our executive and to our entire TE Scott Community for supporting the many fundraising events this year!
Reminder: Year End Assemblies and Events
- June 7 District Track Meet at Bear Creek Park : this event is for all our athletes in grade 3 – 7 that have qualified to go. Coaches will be sending home a permission form for these students
- Welcome to Kindergarten Event Wednesday, June 8th . This event is for all of our Kindergarten age students starting Kindergarten at TE Scott in September 2016
- Parent Tea and Talent Show June 9th. Starting at 12 noon for Tea and treats for our parents in our Library and then in to our Gym for our Student Talent Show 12:40 – 2:15pm
- Sunnyside Pool Day is Friday, June 10th. Please join us for a day at the Park and Pool. Everyone welcome…. Remember to bring a lawnchair!
- Sports Day June 17th. Everyone welcome…come out and enjoy the fun!
- This year there will be 3 assemblies to celebrate our students and their successes. Our YEAR End Recognition Assembly will be on June 15th at 9 am. Please join us for this assembly.
- Our grade 7 Celebration Assembly will be on June 21st at 9 am. This assembly is only for our grade 7 students. Of course, all parents and families of our grade 7 students are invited to attend.
- June 23rd is our Last Day of School for this year. Our Final Assembly and kick off to summer will be at 9 am. Everyone is welcome please join us! There will be an Early Dismissal too!
Please check out our TE Scott Facebook page for recent pictures of our special events!