Bulldog Bulletin – May 2015
TE Scott Speechfest 2015
Our eight Speech Finalists gave an outstanding effort when delivering their speeches. Congratulations!
Sneha Bansal “Girls Rights:
Chaahat Jain “Wishes”
Karina Dhinsa “Self Esteem”
Geena Batth “Fears”
Kevin Le “Australia”
Ravia Janda “Drugs”
Puneet Khosa “Child Poverty in India”
Arjun Bhatti “You Didn’t Do Your Homework?”
Mrs. Salary’s Kindergarten class entertained us with 2 songs for our Musical Interlude. They were wonderful.
Congratulations to our 3 Speechfest Ribbon winners:
1st Place – Puneet Khosa
2nd Place – Arjun Bhatti
3rd Place – Sneha Bansal
Special Thank you to our judges for this event:
Mr. Shawn Wilson, Chairperson, Surrey School Board
Dr. Michelle Schmidt, District Principal, Education Services
Mr. David Dekerf, Principal Georges Vanier and TE Scott celebrity
TE Scott Calendar and Bell Schedule 2015-2016
The Surrey Board of Education has approved the 2015 – 2016 local school calendar.
Please note the following dates:
September 8, 2015 Schools open
September 28, 2015 Non-instructional day
October 12, 2015 Thanksgiving Day
October 23, 2015 Non-instructional day
November 11, 2015 Remembrance Day
November 13, 2015 Non-instructional day
December 18, 2015 Last Day before winter break
December 21, 2015 – January 3, 2016 Winter vacation
January 4, 2016 Schools reopen after winter vacation
February 8, 2016 Family Day
February 19, 2016 Non-instructional day
March 11, 2016 Last Day before schools close for spring break
March 14 – March 28, 2016 Spring break
March 29, 2016 Schools reopen after spring break
May 6, 2016 Non-instructional day
May 23, 2016 Victoria Day
May 30, 2016 Non-instructional day
June 23, 2016 Last Day of School
June 24, 2016 Admin Day – Schools close
With the late start in September 2015 and the early end date in June 2016 all Elementary schools needed to add 6 minutes to our school days. All students will need to be at school 5 minutes earlier next year.
Please note our NEW Bell Schedule for 2015 – 2016:
8:25 – Welcome Bell
8:30 – Classes Begin
10:15 – 10:30 Recess
11:43 – 12:03 – students eat their Lunch
12:03 – 12:30 – outside lunch recess
2:30 – Dismissal
Grade 7 Camp
Grade 7’s at Camp Elphinstone’s High Ropes course….yikes! They are having so much fun kayaking, canoeing, trying out the high and low ropes courses, learning about archery and playing lots of team building games.
Year End Assemblies and Events
- Welcome to Kindergarten Event May 26th. This event is for all of our Kindergarten age students starting Kindergarten at TE Scott in September 2016
- June 2 District Track Meet at Bear Creek Park : this event is for all our athletes in grade 3 – 7 that have qualified to go. Coaches will be sending home a permission form for these students
- Sports Day June 5th. Everyone welcome…come out and enjoy the fun!
- Parent Tea and Talent Show June 12th. Starting at 12 noon for Tea and treats for our parents in our Library and then in to our Gym for our Student Talent Show 12:40 – 2:15pm
- Sunnyside Pool Day is Monday June 15th. Please join us for a day at the Park and Pool. Everyone welcome…. Remember to bring a lawnchair!
- This year there will be 2 assemblies to celebrate our students and their successes. Our YEAR End Recognition Assembly will be on June 17th at 10:30am. Please join us for this assembly.
- Our grade 7 Celebration Assembly will be on June 23rd at 10:30am. This assembly is only for our grade 7 students. Of course, all parents and families of our grade 7 students are invited to attend.
- June 25th is our Last Day of School for this year. There will be an Early Dismissal too!
September Kindergarten Kids! You need to register for:
Kindergarten Registration for September, 2015 began in early January. If you haven’t registered your Kindergarten age child, please bring your child’s birth certificate, proof of citizenship for your child and yourself, proof of guardianship, and proof of residence (ie: hydro or gas bill).
PAC Book Fair Huge Success
Our PAC sold over $3700 worth of books at our Book Fair. Thank you to all our PAC Volunteers, our students LOVE the BOOK FAIR! Family Photo Night and the PAC Chocolate Almond Fundraisers raised a generous amount of money too. Special Thank you to our Community for getting involved and supporting our PAC! Up next the delicious Frozen Cookie and Pie fundraiser, more details coming soon…